Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hearing Aids & computer help desk

On Monday I got my hearing aides from Costco; $2,800. So far I'm not hearing much difference. Hearing women talk in class is my biggest problem. I hear only a little better in class, I think. I still ask for people to repeat what they said, maybe not as much. For things I can hear already, the hearing aids make it a bit louder and a bit "tiney" (tin like).
They are not at all uncomfortable. Hardly know they are in my ears. I have a followup appointment next week. We'll see what happens over time.
This is amazing; today I e-mailed McGraw-Hill Irwin computer help desk with a question about loading a test bank disk on our computer. It's for my econ text. About 2 minutes after I pushed "send" the phone rang. It was the help desk; an American who spoke perfect English clearly ansered my question. What a surprise in view of the many complaints about poor help desks manned by foreigners.
grandpathegrump

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Home Theater, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://home-theater-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.