Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Ripped off by Kuni Cadillac/Saab?

Saabs are cool cars but parts are expensive and often have to be ordered from out of town. I took mine to Kuni to get some things fixed to get thru DEQ. $950 for a temperature guage sending unit, an oxygen sensor and a fuel filter. And they want me to spend another $1,500 for brakes, muffler and water pump. Labor rate must be astronomical.
I'll find someone cheaper. I should have been more patient and taken it to Vladimir in Multnomah, who is hard to catch, or to Hortnagel on River road.
Kuni reeks of luxury. Guess I had to pay my share. Service check in is shiny, clean and indoors. Lotta cool dudes running around in leather jackets and well dresssed shapely blondes, a waiting area with free snacks with a full view of shiny new caddies and Saabs. (new Saab convertible sure looked sharp) And a free ride home in a Cadillac. Its not my style. I'd rather deal with greasy mechanics or Les Schwab.
First thing tomorrow morning I'm headed for DEQ.
Bunga

No comments: