Sunday, December 9, 2007

I've been tagged by Val for 6 things people may not know about me.

1. I am angry or upset about getting old. So many of lifes options begin to close at my age. Time limits and health are two of the worst. Now I know I'll never do all the things I wanted to do in life. I can get around some health limits if I continue to lose weight.
I can't see nearly as well as I used to. My hearing hasn't been real good for years, but last week I may have damaged it more by shooting a pistol without ear protection as I had been warned. Now my ears ring more. Loud voices and noises are painful and have a rattling sound. Even music has lost some of its beauty. Hope it is not permanent, but it well could be.
I envy youth. Don't waste it.

2. My favorite part of the Sunday paper is Prince Valiant. But I wish his author would let him return to the castle to see his beloved wife, Aleta, but he continues on his adventures righting wrongs and battling forces of evil. I enjoy the "Doonsberry" cartoon every day; good social commentary.

3. I don't like Sunday evenings. I feel restless and uneasy on Sunday evenings. Don't know why. It helps to visit family. Maybe it is missing the kids. It was so nice (most of the time) having a house full of kids, teenagers and friends.

4. I enjoy reading economics for new ideas, but don't like reading it to prepare for class lectures. One of my fantasies would be to have six months at a great university (maybe British)associating with and talking with brilliant social scientists.

5. I am enthralled with/by female beauty. I enjoy looking at beautiful women.

6. I'd like to learn to play chess, but doubt if I'd be bright enough to be a good player. I can't remember which moves the pieces can make.
Bunga, I think.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Now you can tag 3 people to give their lists........