Sunday, December 2, 2007

Valerie Tagged Me

WOW!! Six things uncommonly known about me ~
My family knows everything about me but for the world at large, here goes:

1. I love to drive. My mother in law tells me I should get a job driving a Greyhound bus. I love driving so much that I never get sleepy. My husband tells me he's going to bury me in my car.

2. I love to watch game shows on television ~ The Price Is Right; Deal or No Deal; Are You Smarter Than a 5th Grader?; Jeopardy; Crosswords. It's good we don't have cable or I would be glued to Gameshow Network.

3. A somewhat secret desire of mine is to buy a motor home and drive all over the USA and interview people about their life stories. I love people and I'm interested in their day to day activities and their dreams.

4. I love animals and I wish my husband and I could move out in the country where we could have all kinds of animals ~ goats, dogs, cats, pigs, rabbits, ducks, horses, cows and the list goes on. I would feel like I had died and gone to heaven.

5. When I was younger I loved riding my bicycle for miles and miles. I used to ride from Beaverton to Scholls, Tualatin, Lake Oswego. Once I tried to ride from Salem to Corvallis but it got too scary along Hwy. 99 with the big trucks whizzing by so I only made it to Monmouth. I loved riding up the hills and then the thrill of going fast downhill. My heart longs for those days. Maybe in my next life I can do it again.

6. Before I was married I worked as Assistant City Clerk in my home town of Blackfoot, Idaho. I loved the variety, the required multitasking, working with the public and using the clunky posting/billing machine which we used to print the monthly water bills; balancing the various accounts such as local improvement districts, parking meter collections, etc.
When my husband and I were first married I needed to work to help him through college. I was hired at Thiokol Chemical Corporation which required a 100 mile round trip drive daily. Since I love to drive that was no problem. I had two job titles. One was Editorial Assistant on the company magazine (Impulse). I was responsible for publishing a daily employee newsheet and I also had a byline in the magazine. I went around to the various departments and interviewed people and then published it in the magazine. My other job title was Clerk Typist A which required my working with Tech writers who were working on Air Force contracts for the Minuteman Missile. I loved these jobs and hated to have to leave when my husband finished his degree.

I tag Jennifer, Jonathan and Amber.

No comments: