Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I hope you don't mind...

I have REALLY been enthralled with graphic design and using GIMP (which is basically like photoshop and as far as we can tell, just as awesome).

I made a header for Dan and I's blog... and as I get better... I am doing more. I made this one for our blog. Let me know what you guys think.

Dan, who does web development and is really good at it, has sort of inspired me to do this. As well as looking around at other things that I like. Hopefully I can learn more and more and get even better at designing more things. Then Dan and I can design and create websites together, along with his brother and sister in law.

2 comments:

munga said...

I'm impressed!! You could be forging a whole new career. You and Dan have such talent.
Hope you'll be able to come to dinner at your mom's Sunday evening. Love 'ya

John R. Wilkins said...

You married well. Not only is Dan a good guy, but he is smart and creative. Glad you are learning from him.
I like graphic design also. I took a class at PCC. To see good design go to the wine section at New Seasons stores and look at the wine labels. Many are wonderful combinations of color, texture, and layout. I really like them.
I think your design for the blog is kinda dark for a family blog, although the layout is good.