Friday, February 29, 2008

Kiss the Cook (and the Pastry Chef)




I have to brag on my husband. For my birthday last week he made me the most amazing cake. He spent literally hours making it. The cake was from a Williams Sonoma cake book and it turned out picture perfect. Every component of the cake was homemade by Mark (except a layer of raspberry jam): The cake itself, pastry cream, whipped cream, and marzupan. It was delicious. Let's not talk about how many eggs and how much cream was in the cake. My favorite kind of cake is white or vanilla-ish--not chocolate, which is amazing since I love everything else chocolate. This hit the spot perfectly.

He also made my favorite Emeril's New Orleans Pasta. The staggering thing is he MADE the fettucini pasta itself--yes, made pasta dough and put it through a pasta maker. The noodles were superb. Mark is so talented in the kitchen, and he always does everything he can to make my birthday or Mother's Day a great day for me. One thing he and I have really enjoyed about our new kitchen is all the great counter space and room to work. It was a much more pleasant cooking fest than our past kitchens.

Come visit us and he may cook for you too!

2 comments:

Courtney B said...

Woah!
I want that recipe. That looks amazing.... and delicious. I am impressed.

munga said...

What an amazingly beautiful cake!! Save a piece for me. YUMM!! YUMM!!

You're truly blessed to have such a wonderful husband.

See you tomorrow.